Saturday, January 26, 2008

Salvation -an excerpt.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
There’s a place we can go to if you can wean yourself from your sadness, a place where you can start over.

A place you’ve never been before; where people accept you without questions and don’t bring up your past.

A place where we take time off from the real world, from the world that moves too fast for us.

A place where all the bad things that have happened to you are but a distant past.

A place where the sun doesn’t burn but shine, a place where the water is pure, a place where the ground has never been trodden.

A place just for people like us.

A place to heal until when you’re ready to face the world again. And when that happens, you’ll realize,



Now I am truly free.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



~Via Vinegar and Ice.

13 comments:

Taichee~@! said...

Hey! can i get to *that* place via GPS?

Coordination pwetty please? With cheery on top~@!

Anonymous said...

hi there,

thanks for your comment on my Chinese Language Lesson blog.

what does jing pu mean ?

thanks

47 said...

Taichee:
--------
I'm still trying to figure out the coordinate Miss Taichee :)

But don't worry, once I've found out the location, I'll inform you and then maybe we can go there together.


Chinese Language Lesson:
-----------------------
No problem at all Miss/Mr. Chinese Lesson.

I think I spelled the word wrongly, the correct pinyin is:

jing(4)bu(4)

which means, improvement.

Lai, wo men yiqi xue zhong wen! :)
Zai Jian.

nurulazreenazlan said...

i am somehow reminded of V for Vendetta, when V locked Evie up and she read the letter from a former prisoner, the lesbian actress. Somehow rather, I think the last few verse of the letter resonates this.

magenta said...

I've never seen V for Vendetta. Salvation was simply a letter I wrote to myself based on my own experiences.

thinker bell said...

could i be the 3000th hit tonite? :D

nurulazreenazlan said...

hi magenta, i didn't say it was a rip off =)

just saying that it reminds me of V.

47 said...

Ayien:
------
Nurulazreenazlan is too long. I hope you're ok with me using your nickname.

Yep, I think the verses contain the essence of freedom :) A lot of people wish to get to that place actually.


Magenta:
--------
A lovely piece of writing! :)

47 said...

Thinkerbell:
-----------
Haha! Yeah, it could've been you! :D

magenta said...

Azreen: Nah,I'm just being paranoid.This is the second time that someone tells me the letter reminds them of a movie.I'm so curious about both movies that I've downloaded both of them.Now I just have to find time to watch both of them.

47:Thanks, but I always try to write about impersonal stuff.This is one of those rare moments.

unicorn said...

can u bring me to 'that' place??
pls..pls..pls..i'm begging u

47 said...

follow the white rabbit ;)

unicorn said...

aku dah jumpe tempat ni...hahaha